It  was fun in the rapids. We went swimming. There was also two big rapids that we had to hop off the raft.  When we hopped out of the raft it was a little while until we went swimming. I had so much fun.   We all had burger for dinner. We had roasted marshmallows. In the night we played Chubby Bunny. I won Chubby Bunny. I slept with my mum. My favourite bit was everything. By PippaDSCF6552

We had a funny toilet. We played Chubby Bunny. We swam in the river. We went on the raft through the rapids. My favourite bit was the rapids because it was bumpy on the rafts. I had so much fun. It was fun when we made some huts and Courtney made a hut for Keeva. We even made huts for our own teddies and we made a pretend spa. We brushed our teeth by the river. The water was really fresh.   By Luca


On Thursday all seven children went on a rafting trip  I was going down the big current and I nearly went down the other way. I also had a wiggly tooth and I wondered if my tooth would fall out. I had so much fun. I wish I could do it again and I will.   Keeva  


On Thursday we went on a school camp. We went there on a raft. When we got there we made a hut.

Afterwards we  went swimming in a rapid.

At 5:30 We brushed our teeth in the river. We used our imagination to make restaurants and houses for everybody. Everybody liked it. The whole school slept in cosy tents. I don’t think it could be any better. Four cheers for River Valley! Mrs Casey said that if it wasn’t for  River Valley we would have paid thousands of dollars for the trip. By Bayden


On  Thursday  the school was going to have a school camp. First we put the wetsuits on. Then we walked down  to the raft. We hopped in the raft and we were off. Max  took  all the luggage. He got a reward. It  was a marshmallow. When  we got there, we set up the tents. Then we got to have a swim. We went down the rapids and the strong current took us around back to shore. It was fun when we got splashed by the fast water. Janey and Brian were the lifeguards if we floated down the river. When Mrs Casey went down the river, my mum helped her when she got caught in a current. Janey threw her rope out to rescue Mrs Casey.  Victoria


One  Thursday Lochie, Pippa, Luca, Keeva, Bayden, Tor, Mrs Casey, my mum Janey, my grandad, Kaysanne, Jenny, Courtney, Craig, Max, and I went rafting. It was epic. The ice cold water splashed on my face and everyone else’s. The raft got stuck at the start but luckily my mum, grandad and Max pulled them free. Tor and I opened our mouths and got water in them. It was fun! We also hopped in and out of the rafts. Keeva and I floated down the shallow rapid. When we got there, we set up the tents and put down the bed rolls. Then we laid out our sleeping bags. Afterwards we went for a swim in the cool current by the campsite. While that was happening my grandad set up the funny toilet. Then we built huts and used our imagination and pretended that it was a hotel and started to calm down. We had a delicious dinner. The kids and Mrs Casey played chubby bunny.  After that we found sticks to roast gooey, ooey,  sticky marshmallows on the lava-hot campfire.  We roasted a lot of gooey marshmallows.  Afterwards, the kids brushed their teeth in the warmish river. Lochie was funny when he brushed his teeth. When the kids went to bed in the tents, the adults talked and  talked.  Once it got dark  the adults went to bed too.  

In the morning Tor and I got up first. We waited for grandad to get up and make breakfast, but my mum did it before grandad could. It was delicious!! We had muesli and greek yogurt. We also had sizzling eggs and bacon too!!! After that we went back to the huts and played some more until we had another swim before we left. All of us started to pack away all of the equipment and tents. We all wanted to stay there longer. Everyone got in the rafts and clipped up our helmets and life jackets. Then we set sail for Tarata. Luca wanted to be in the front, so she did. Tor and I still opened our mouths. The rafts bumpty-bumped into a cliff side. It was epic!!! The kids hopped back in the water. I could almost touch the stony, rocky bottom. Jenny usually pulled me up out of the water and into the raft. It took about 45 minutes from overnight camp to Tarata. My mum, Janey, pulled up the school raft that all the school kids and Mrs Casey were on. My grandad Brian pulled up the raft with little Lochie in it. We all had to walk up the big hill. It took almost an hour to walk up the hill!!!!! Then we all got changed out of our cold wetsuits and life jackets and had some lunch. Then we got in the bus and drove off. By Isla


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s