Kia Ora e te whānau.
We trust that everyone had a great festive season, in spite of the poor weather. It seemed to fly by, and here we are back to kura already.
The term has kicked off well with 9 students on the roll. We welcome Ryder (Year 7) who has joined us from Taranaki. Ryder has fitted in like one of the family and we are excited to have him join our crew.
At the end of last year we farewelled Keeva and Luca who have flown the nest and are now attending Napier Girls High School. We wish them well on the next stage of their journey. We also said goodbye to Grace and her family who had been visiting Pukeokahu from Germany. They have jetted off further north for the next stage of their trip.
This term is shaping up to be busy as always. While our overnight raft trip was cancelled due to high river levels, we will be (fingers crossed) heading down the river for a day trip on 17th February. The other big feature this term is our week long camp. We are heading to Bay of Plenty and combining forces with Papanui Junction School.
Aside from these big trips we also have plenty of swimming, athletics and enviro trips to keep us busy as well as squeezing in some in class learning too.
Speaking of swimming we have been LOVING having our pool up and running this season. A big thank you to Sue Stratton for her dedication to keeping it spick and span.
Key Dates for Term 1 are:
- Wednesday 15th February – First Board meeting for the year.
- Friday 17th February – Raft trip
- Tuesday 28th February – Enviro Trip
- Friday 3rd March – Moawhango Athletics
- 3-5th March – Horse Trek at Mangaohane (all hands on deck!)
- Friday 10th March – Rural Schools Swimming
- 13-17th March Camp in Bay of Plenty
- Tuesday 21st March – Weetbix Tryathlon
- Friday 24th March – Interschool Swimming for those who qualify
- Weekly on Monday – Swimming Lessons Taihape.
- Weekly on Wednesday – Primary Technology Programme for Year 7-8
Until the next post…..ka kite ano!